As many of you may know (or have taken part in) already, the Family Health Center has expanded our services to include an exciting new component – Group Visits. These groups bring together several patients at one time, allowing people to share common health issues and come up with solutions together. We currently have four groups that patients can participate in:
- Diabetes – for patients and family members with diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Prenatal – for expectant mothers and their family members
- Healthy Living – for patients interested in weight management and nutrition
- Body Language – for improving movement and activity and decreasing pain through body mechanics
How are Group Visits conducted?
Group visits bring together several patients at once. We discuss the challenges related to one of the above health topics, help each other find solutions, and learn from our fellow patients. It is group discussion, rather than a one-way conversation! Also, group visits last from 1 to 1.5 hours, allowing you much more time to ask questions.
How are these visits similar to my regular appointments?
Group visits are always led by a provider from the Family Health Center, so you will see many familiar faces.
Will I still be able to see my regular doctor if I go to a Group Visit?
Yes! Group Visits are meant to add to your care, not to substitute for one-on-one visits with your regular doctor.
I’m interested! How do I sign up?
Appointments for group visits are made just like regular visits. As a general rule:
- Diabetes Group (part of Diabetes Clinic) – meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesday morning
- Prenatal – to be announced, ask our office for upcoming dates
- Healthy Living – meets the 3rd Tuesday morning of each month
- Body Language – meets once a month in the evenings; ask about upcoming dates.
We would love to see you at one of our next group visits! Ask your doctor or contact our front desk for more information.